Reading List: UX and Personal Development
I compiled a UX-focused reading list that filtered out the painful-to-read books so that you don’t have to.
I’m not a bookworm, so when a book is boring or fails to deliver value, walking on a floor filled with crushed glass sounds like a better idea to me.
My focus wasn’t to create a pure UX-only reading list. I wanted a list that covered subjects that allowed me to be well-rounded and well-versed in equally important topics as a professional and an individual.
The reading list focuses heavily on UX and Design and touches upon Product Management, Entrepreneurship, and Interpersonal Communication. I also included two “flavoured” sections that interest me: Personal Finance (Investing, mostly) and BlockChain.
This list is a living document that I am actively curating. I will add books to this list based on my ability to answer the following questions with a resounding “Yes!”:
- Did I read the book?
- Did I learn anything new?
- Did I enjoy reading the book?
I did not list these books in any particular order.
Full disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases on the books you purchase using the links I listed. Any commission I might receive will be at no extra cost to you.
- Delta CX: The Truth About How Valuing Customer Experience Can Transform Your Business
- Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- The UX Book: Process and Guidelines for Ensuring a Quality User Experience
- Articulating Design Decisions: Communicate with Stakeholders, Keep Your Sanity, and Deliver the Best User Experience
- Observing the User Experience: A Practitioner’s Guide to User Research
- The User Experience Team of One: A Research and Design Survival Guide
- Universal Methods of Design:100 Ways to Research Complex Problems, Develop Innovative Ideas, and Design Effective Solutions
- Interview Techniques for UX Practitioners: A User-Centered Design Method
- The Design of Everyday Things
- Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products
- Design Like You Give a Damn
- Design of Dissent
- Thinking with Type
- Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation
- Product Leadership
- Hypothesis Driven Development
- Sprint: How To Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days
- The Mom Test
Web3 and Blockchain
- The Bitcoin Standard
- DeFi and the Future of Finance
- Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy
Investing and Personal Finance
- The Intelligent Investor
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing
- The Boglehead’s Guide to Investing
- The Simple Path to Wealth
- The Richest Man in Babylon
- Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street
Feel free to reach out if you have any book recommendations! I am always up for a good read.